Library Features Book Display for September Project 2011
The UT Tyler Robert R. Muntz Library has a book display in support of our September Project activities. We are remembering the events of September 11 during this month. The book and media display is designed to encourage people to remember, reflect, and learn more. Feel free to stop by the third floor of the library to view the display. The display will be in place until the end of September.This post features the list of books in the display. All books are available from the library for checkout. If you wish to check out any of the items in the display case, simply go to the Circulation or Reference Desks, and one of our staff members will be happy to unlock the case so you can check whatever item you wish to borrow. Book are listed by author, and call numbers are included. All books are usually located in the third floor stacks (General Collection) unless otherwise noted.
- Bar, Shmuel, Warrant for Terror: Fatwas of Radical Islam and the Duty of Jihad. (HV6431 .B353 2008).
- Bergen, Peter L., The Osama Bin Laden I Know: an Oral History of the Making of a Global Terrorist. (HV 6430 .B55 B475 2006. Bestseller Collection).
- De Blij, Harm J., Why Geography Matters: Three Challenges Facing America: Climate Change, the Rise of China, and Global Terrorism. (GF 503 .D4 2007).
- Feinberg, Kenneth R., What is Life Worth? The Unprecedented Effort to Compensate the Victims of 9/11. (KF 1328 .F45 2005).
- Griffin, David R. The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions (HV 6432.7 .G745 2005).
- Hicks, Melinda and C. Belmont Keeney, Defending the Homeland: Historical Perspectives on Radicalism, Terrorism, and State Responses. (HV6431 .D435 2007).
- Jacobson, Sidney, and Ernie Colon, The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation. (HV 6432.7 .J33 2006).
- Kepel, Giles and Jean-Pierre Milelli, Al Qaeda In Its Own Words. (HV 6431 .A4613 2008).
- Khan, Malvish Rukhasan, My Guantánamo Diary. (HV 6431 .P355 2006).
- Langewiesche, William, American Ground, Unbuilding the World Trade Center. (HV6432 .L364 2002).
- Miles, Hugh, Al Jazeera: the Inside Story of the Arab News Channel (HE 8700.9 .Q22 M55 2005). In addition, if you are interested, Al Jazeera does have an English news website at http://english.aljazeera.net.
- National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, The 9/11 Commission Report: final report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (HV 6432.7 .N38 2004). You can also find the report online here via GPO Access. You can also view the official website of the Commission, which has been frozen and is maintained now by the National Archives and Records Administration at http://www.9-11commission.gov/.
- Pape, Robert Anthony, Dying to Win: the Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism. (HV6431 .P355 2006).
- Prothero, Stephen R., Religious Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know…and Doesn’t. (BL 42.5 .U5 P76 2007).
- Strasser, Steven, ed., The 9/11 Investigations: Staff Reports of 9/11 Commission: Excerpts from the House-Senate joint inquiry report on 9/11: testimony from fourteen key witnesses, including Richard Clarke, George Tenet, and Condolezza Rice. (HV 6432.7 .A132 2004).
- Wright, Lawrence, The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11. (HV 6432.7 .W5 2006).