Library Display Celebrates Women's History Month
March is National Women's History Month. To honor the occasion, the UT Tyler Robert R. Muntz Library will feature a display of books and artifacts related to women's history. The display can be viewed on the third floor of the library during library regular hours. It is free and open to the public. As part of the display, we have placed the following books on display. All books are available to be checked out. If you wish to check out a book from the display case, simply ask a library staff member from Circulation or Reference, and they will happily let you check it out. The list is in no particular order. Call numbers are included, and usual location is the third floor general stacks, unless otherwise noted:
- Mary Wollstonecraft, A Vindication of the Rights of Woman: an authoritative text, backgrounds, the Wollstonecraft debate, criticism (HQ1596 .W6 1988).
- Sue Thomas, How Women Legislate (HQ1236.5.U6 T493 1994).
- M. Margaret Conway, Women and Public Policy: A Revolution in Progress (HQ1236.5 .U6 C66 1999).
- Paula Edelson, A to Z of American Women in Sports (GV697 .A1 E28 2002. This is a Reference Book and not available for check out. Usually located in Reference Collection, 2nd floor).
- Carol Krismann, Encyclopedia of American Women in Business (HD6054.4 .U6 K753 2004. 2 volumes. This is a Reference Book and not available for check out. Usually located in Reference Collection, 2nd floor).
- Barbara N. Ramusack, Women in Asia: Restoring Women to History (HQ1726 .R36 1999).
- Helen M. Hopper, Katô Shidzue: A Japanese Feminist (HQ1762.5 .K38 H66 2004).
- Cynthia B. Costello and Anne J. Stone, The American Woman 2001-2002: Getting to the Top (HQ1421 .A475 2001).
- Christine Mason Sutherland, The Eloquence of Mary Astell (HQ1595 .A88 S87 2005).
- Margaret Fuller, Woman in the Nineteenth Century (HQ1154 .O8 1998).
- Meg Lota Brown, Women's Roles in the Renaissance (HQ1149 .E85 B76 2005).
- Joyce A. Tyldesley, Daughters of Isis: Women of Ancient Egypt (HQ1137.E3 T95 1995).
- Lisa DiCaprio, Lives and Voices: Sources in European Women's History (HQ1587 .D53 2000).