The Robert R. Muntz Library provides reserve services to support and promote the non-profit educational use of a wide variety of materials by our students and faculty. The library executes this role in legal compliance with Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976; and, as a component of the University of Texas System, The University of Texas at Tyler adheres to the copyright policy set forth by the University of Texas.
The circulation desk will place both library owned material and a faculty member's personal copies on reserve.
- A Reserve Request Form must accompany each course reserve item. The form is available here for download or at the circulation desk.
- Allow 3 working days to items to be processed.
- Course Reserves will be removed and returned to faculty members at the end of each semester via Campus Mail unless other arrangements are made.
- Faculty resources placed on reserve for the first time do not require copyright permission
- If a resource is placed on reserve for subsequent semesters, that resource will require copyright permission
- Course reserves are accessed at the circulation desk
- Patriots ID card must be presented to check out course reserves
- Check out times vary from 2 hours in-library use to 3 weeks checkout
- Reserve materials may not be renewed
- Overdue Fees:
- In house: $0.50 per hour
- $0.50 per day for items checked-out of the building