Building Use Policy
- Please be considerate of those around you and keep noise to a reasonable level.
- Shoes, which can damage both upholstery and wood finishes, should be kept off furniture.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Animals, other than those necessary to accommodate patrons with disabilities, may not be brought into the library.
- Litter should be placed in waste receptacles and not left in seating areas. Receptacles are placed throughout the building.
- Announcements of general interest (not personal notices) may be posted on the bulletin board in the library elevator core in accordance with regulations in effect for posting such notices.
- Incoming emergency calls for anyone believed to be using the library should be made to Campus Security who will then attempt to contact that person.
Group Study/Individual Study Rooms
- Study rooms are available for checkout by current Faculty, Staff and students of UT Tyler only.
- Checkout period for study rooms are 3 hours with a one-time renewal per room.
- Study rooms may not be reserved; checkout is based upon a first-come, first served basis.
- Study rooms are located on the 3rd floor of the Library.
- Must have UT Tyler ID card for checkout.
- Group Study room checkout must have a minimum of three people present.
- Eating is not permitted in the study rooms.
- Windows may not be covered.
Meeting Rooms (LIB 401, LIB 422)
- University Employees may request room reservations using the Room Reservation database in Astra.
- Non-university affiliates may request reservations through the Library Administrative Office, 903-566-7161
- University students may request room reservations through their advisors, who will - in turn - use the Room Reservation database in Astra.
Practice Presentation Room (LIB 202)
Located on the 2nd Floor of the Library, Room 202 was created to give students the opportunity to practice/rehearse any in-class presentations assigned, view assigned VHS/DVD programs, as well as provide faculty and staff a room for occasional and/or limited instruction/discussion.The room seats 10 comfortably at the conference table, with additional seating available to accommodate a total of 20 persons.
State-of-the-art equipment includes: Epson Document Camera DC-05; Sony DVD Recorder & VHS Player; 40” LCD TV Screen; Crestron Media Manager System; Crestron Quick Media Receiver; Crestron Touch panel; Whiteboard; Dell Computer System. Dry-erase markers and eraser are also available.
Students may send their print jobs to the Print Station, located on the 2nd floor of the Library, in the Reference area. A UT Tyler ID card is required to release print jobs.
Faculty and Staff may pick-up their print jobs from the Circulation Desk.
Who May Use the RoomCurrent students, faculty, and staff of the University of Texas at Tyler.
Library 202 may be checked out for one two-hour period per day, (per group—not per person in group) two or more persons (maximum of 20), with one renewal only. Patrons must present their current UT Tyler ID card at the Circulation desk to receive the key.
Late FinesA 50 cent fine is assessed on the patron record for every hour the key is returned late. There is no cap on the fine.
- Users must abide by the Muntz Library Computer Use Policy.
- Noise levels should be appropriate to the Library’s environment.
- Please lock the room when vacating or even if leaving for only a short time.
- Remember to log off of the computer when vacating the room.
- The requestor of the room assumes all responsibility for any damages.
- The room key must be returned to the Circulation desk 30 minutes prior to Library closing.
Technology SupportOn-demand technology support is not provided for the room. Technical problems should be reported to the Reference Desk.
Written directions on using the equipment is provided in the room.
- No food please; drinks must be in spill-proof containers.
- Please place garbage in the receptacles provided in the room.
- Unattended items will be turned in to Lost and Found at the Circulation Desk or given to Campus Security.
Individuals who do not abide by these policies will be required to leave the building. Repeated infringements will cause loss of library use and privileges.
Policies relevant to the above expectations include, but are not limited to, the following: