Library Features Display Honoring Veterans Day 2010
Veterans Day 2010 Poster produced by the US Veterans Administration. Document produced by federal agency and thus available for reuse.
The UT Tyler Robert R. Muntz Library is featuring a book and photo display in observance of Veterans Day in the third floor. What started as Armistice Day, to honor the armistice that ended World War I on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of 1918 has evolved to become a day to honor veterans, whether they served during war or during peacetime, living or having made the ultimate sacrifice, for their service to the nation. The following books are currently on display with call numbers. Unless noted otherwise, the regular location for these books is the third floor General Collection stacks.
- Donald Anderson, When War Becomes Personal: Soldiers' Accounts from the Civil War to Iraq. E181 .W565 2008.
- David Bellavia, House to House: an Epic Memoir of War. DS79.76 .B4465 2007.
- Phyllis Bennis, Beyond the Storm: a Gulf Crisis Reader. DS79.72 .B49 1991.
- Steve Estes, Ask & Tell: Gay and Lesbian Veterans Speak Out. UB418 .G38 E77 2007.
- Christopher Gelpi, Paying the Human Costs of War: American Public Opinion and Casualties in Military Conflicts. UA23 .G545 2009.
- David Halberstam, The Coldest Winter: America and the Korean War. DS919 .H35 2007.
- Max Hastings, Armageddon: the Battle for Germany, 1944-1945. D743 .H36 2005.
- Sal Lopes, The Wall: Images and Offerings from the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. F203.4.V54 W35 1987 (Oversize).
- Martin Hyatt, The Scarecrow's Bible. PS3608 .Y36 S28 2006.
- Michael J. Lyons, World War II: A Short History. D743 .L96 1999.
- Robert Mann, A Grand Delusion: America's Descent into Vietnam. DS558 .M34 2000.
- David Maraniss, They Marched into Sunlight: War and Peace, Vietnam and America, October 1967. DS558 .M35 2004.
- Nick Mills, Combat Photographer. DS557.7 .M54 1983.
- Daryl S. Paulson, Haunted by Combat: Understanding PTSD in War Veterans Including Women, Reservists, and Those Coming Back from Iraq. RC552 .P67 P38 2007.
- Micah L. Sifry and Christopher Cerf, The Gulf War Reader: History, Documents, Opinions. DS79.72 .G85 1991.
- Frederick Standwood, The Gulf War: a day-by-day chronicle. DS79.72 .S73 1991.
- June A. Willenz, Women Veterans: America's Forgotten Heroines. UB357 .W54 1983.
- Marc Wilson, Hero Street U.S.A. : the Story of Little Mexico's Fallen Soldiers. F549 .S55 W55 2009.
- The 2010 Presidential Proclamation for Veterans Day. We have a copy of it in the display as well.
- From the U.S. Census Bureau, some facts and figures about Veterans Day and veterans.
- The Veterans Day page at the U.S. Veterans Administration.
- From the History Channel, feature for Veterans Day with videos, oral histories, facts, and other items of interest.
- Veterans Day page from the American Memory Project at the Library of Congress.