November 2009: Book Display for Native American Heritage Month at Muntz Library
The UT Tyler Robert R. Muntz Library is featuring a display to honor National Native American Heritage Month (link to the 2009 Presidential Proclamation) which takes place every year during the month of November. The display can be viewed on the third floor of the library. In addition, we are also featuring a series of facts about Native Americans, their contributions and achievements in our monitor display in the second floor. We are featuring the following books in the display case. All books are available for checkout. If you wish to check out a book in the display case, simply stop by Circulation or Reference. We will be glad to open the display case for you to get the book. The list includes call numbers, and all books are located in the General Collection (third floor stacks) unless otherwise noted:
- Collin G. Calloway, The World Turned Upside Down: Indian Voices from Early America. E77 .W883 1994.
- Al Carroll, Medicine Bags and Dog Tags: American Indian Veterans from Colonial Times to the Second Iraq War. E98 .M5 C37 2008.
- Vine Deloria, The Nations Within: The Past and Future of American Indian Sovereignty. E98 .T77 D44 1998.
- R. David Edmunds, The New Warriors: Native American Leaders Since 1900. E89 .N48 2004.
- John Canfield Ewers, Plains Indian History and Culture: Essays on Continuity and Change. E78 .G73 E928 1997.
- Donald Lee Fixico, The Urban Indian Experience in America. E98 .U72 F57 2000.
- Peter Iverson, When Indians Became Cowboys: Native Peoples and Cattle Ranching in the American West. E78 .W5 I94 1994.
- David Rich Lewis, Neither Wolf Nor Dog: American Indians, Environment, and Agrarian Change. E78 .W5 L48 1994.
- Carter Jones Meyer, Selling the Indian: Commercializing and Appropriating American Indian Cultures. E98 .P99 S45 2001.
- Joseph B. Oxendine, American Indian Sports Heritage. E98.G2 O94 1988.
- Linda S. Parker, Native American Estate: the Struggle Over Indian and Hawaiian Lands. E98.L3 P37 1996.
- Roy Harvey Pearce, Savagism and Civilization: a Study of the Indian and the American Mind. E98 .C89 P43 1988.
- Andrea Smith, Native Americans and the Christian Right: the Gendered Politics of Unlikely Alliances. E98 .R3 S54 2008.
- Robert Marshall Utley, Indian Wars. E81 .U74 2002.
- Anthony F. Wallace, Jefferson and the Indians: the Tragic Fate of the First Americans. E93 .W18 1999.
- J. McIver Weatherford, Indian Givers: How the Indians of the Americas Transformed the World. E59.I53 W43 1990.
- Philip Weeks, Farewell My Nation: the American Indian and the United States in the Nineteenth Century. E93 .W39 2001.