Library's front area under construction
What’s happening to the front of the Library? According to Jeanne Pyle, Library Director, a generous gift to the University is making it possible to add to the beauty of our campus and enhance the campus' park-like atmosphere. Over the next few months, the following will take place:
- The grade of the existing Library sidewalks was not ADA compliant. Therefore, new sidewalks will be installed which are compliant and will be more easily navigable.
- A “patio” area will be created on the north side of the sidewalks under the trees. This area will be ideal for outside studying or group meetings.
- There will even be electrical outlets for laptops and other items needing a little extra power.
- Another seating area will be created on the south side of the sidewalk.
- A water feature, including a small stream, will follow the natural path of water drainage.
- New landscaping, including ornamental trees and shrubs will be planted.
You can see more photos of the construction as it progresses here.
Library Construction photo taken Jan. 20, 2009