UT Tyler Library Extends Hours for Finals Week
The University of Texas at Tyler Robert R. Muntz Library will extend its hours for five days during Spring Finals Week. This is to accomodate students preparing for finals. The details are:
- THE LIBRARY WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL 2:00AM SUNDAY MAY 4, 2008 THROUGH THURSDAY MAY 8, 2008.
- Only UT Tyler students with current student ID's will be admitted during the extended hours. Security will check IDs as students enter. Please note that after midnight, those without proper IDs or not affiliated with the university will not be able to remain in the library.
- Students must bring correct change for copiers and vending machines. Note that change WILL NOT be made during the hours of midnight to 2:00am.
- Payment of fines WILL NOT be accepted during the extended hours.
- According to Jeanne Pyle, director of the library, "Starting at 10:00pm, the entire library will be designated a 'quiet' zone as we've done in past years. However, room 401 will be available for groups wishing to study without disrupting individuals studying. Even then, we hope that noise will be kept to a minimum in room 401."
- FREE COFFEE. Yes, once again, we will provide free coffee, compliments of the library. Please note: FOOD WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING. However, covered drinks may be brought in.