Cool reading, just in time for the holidays. . .
Want to read a little Danielle Steele? John Grisham? If you're looking forward to doing some light reading over the holiday break, the Library now has a collection of Bestsellers available for checkout. You will find this selection in the student lounge area of the library. That's the nice sitting lounge to the right of the main entrance to the library. We are featuring a selection of bestsellers in fiction as well as nonfiction. A small sampling of titles includes:
- Kinky Friedman's You can lead a politician to water, but you can't make him think: ten commandments for Texas politics.
- Orson Scott Card's Invasive Procedures.
- Bill Clinton's Giving: how each of us can change the world.
- Billy Crystal's 700 Sundays.
- Catherine Coulter's Point Blank.
- Faculty, staff, and students can check them out for the regular three weeks period. There is only one renewal allowed.
- For faculty, these books are different from books in other collections that would be loaned for longer time. The bestsellers can only be checked out as indicated above for three weeks.
- Students: Please note that for the semester break, you can only check these items out if you are enrolled in the spring semester already.
- Courtesy card users can only check out items for one week. They have a limit of three items. This is the same policy as any other checkout. See our borrowing policies for details.
- These titles are not eligible for Interlibrary Loan (i.e. we will not send them out to other lenders).