Library Announces FOOD FOR FINES 2007
Do you have a few library fines? If you do, keep reading. If not, read this anyhow and tell your friends. The UT Tyler Robert R. Muntz Library is once again offering its popular FOOD FOR FINES program in December. How does it work? Glad you asked, read on.
The program will take place during the week of December 2 through December 8, 2007. During this time, patrons who owe library fines can donate canned foodstuffs to the library and get their fines forgiven. We are asking for 12 oz. cans or larger. Please note the cans cannot be dented, rusted, outdated, or missing labels.And what's the payout?
- 5 cans = .25 cents to $10.00 in fines.
- 10 cans = $10.00 to $20.00 in fines.
- 15 cans = $21.00 to $30.00 in fines.
- 20 cans = $31.00 to $40.00 in fines.
- 25 cans = $41.00 to $50.00 in fines.
- The maximum forgiveness amount is $50.00.
- This is not applicable to any fines from Interlibrary Loan (ILL) books, from lost books, or from Reserves.
- All accounts are settled by the library's Circulation Department. If you have any questions about Food for Fines, you can call Circulation at 903-566-7342.